Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Practicing some 2D particle animations :D

This is a 2D particle effect in the game engine Unity 3D I made for a game I am working on. I had never made this kind of particle effect before but it was a whole lot of fun figuring it out. It is not much different than frame by frame animation which I don't do much of, but I have always been a huge admirer and student of. 

video

This is the sprite sheet I used to create the particle effect. Creating this type of particle in Unity 3D is actually quite simple once the sprite sheet is done. All there is to do is simply tweak the Lifetime, speeds, ect. (it's all very intuitive). One thing I found that helps is adding extra debris and flashes on top of the animated explosion so that it really makes a bang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment